As we grow ever more reliant on contactless payments, we prey victim to new inventive ways of separating us from our hard –earned money, yes, electronic pickpockets are now a thing. I first became aware of this phenomenon just a few weeks ago when a friend sent me a video of an electronic pickpocket in action – scroll down for video. Fortunately, wallet designers have come up with ‘smart wallets’ as an effective way to counteract these thefts.
The Nodus Collection’s Hifold Wallet
Style notes: This stylish wallet is handcrafted from ethically sourced and made from sustainable full grain vegetable tanned Italian leather.
- Security: RFID blocking protects all inner cards from ‘skimming’, while a single RFID enabled slot hidden in the note sleeve allows quick and convenient contactless payments without the fear of ‘Card Clash’.
- ‘Slimmer by Design’: Slim profile reduces pocket bulk yet features four slots for most commonly used cards, a pull tab pocket for lesser used cards and a handy space for a spare key.
Priced from £54.99 available from: noduscollection.com
Walli the Smart Wallet
Style notes: Made from 100% genuine leather, this simple and elegant Bluetooth travel wallet has six card slots, two cash pockets, and one hidden coin pocket.
- Alerts your smartphone if you leave it behind (and shows you where you left it).
- Alerts your smartphone if you leave your card behind.
- Double tap wallet to make your phone beep.
- RFID protection from scanning devices.
Priced at £89.99 available from: www.thefowndry.com