For a taste of marine life this summer factor in a visit to SAIL Amsterdam, for those not too familiar this is the world’s largest FREE nautical event ideal for showboating (sorry couldn’t resist!). Every five years, 600 ships navigate the North Sea Canal before mooring around the IJ –haven in Amsterdam. This event is a must for sailing enthusiasts, this year marks the ninth festival – the festival centres around a huge flotilla of tall ships, naval ships and impressive replicas. There will also be extensive marine activities aimed at all age groups, concerts, the opportunity to visit the ships and a chance to meet the Dutch Volvo Ocean race team, Team Brunel.
The Dylan Amsterdam, one of the city’s leading stylish boutique hotels, renowned for its exceptional personal service, will be celebrating SAIL Amsterdam with the introduction of its special SAIL Package which includes:
- Two night stay in a Double room (18th & 19th of August)
- Daily Dylan Breakfast Buffet
- Three-course Lunch Menu OCCO in Brasserie OCCO or the Garden
- Cocktail in the Garden for two
- VIP Entrance tickets to the Classical Waves Opening concert on the 19th of August at 9-11pm. The world famous Royal Orchestra will perform for this special occasion
- SAIL fireworks after the concert
- Return transfers to the concert from the hotel
If by chance you tire of the maritime theme or struggle to find your ‘sea legs’ then the Dylan Amsterdam’s location on the Keizersgracht, nestled in the chic shopping district is ideally placed for a spot of retail therapy. The hotel is also in close proximity to the Van Gogh Museum, the Rijksmuseum and the Hermitage.
SAIL Package from £895 per package for two people, excluding 5% city tax. This offer is valid during SAIL 2015 and subject to availability. Extra nights costs £286 per night including breakfast in a double room.
For bookings and further information please visit: The Dylan Amsterdam
SAIL Amsterdam takes place from 19th – 23rd August 2015, for further information please visit: SAIL Amsterdam