One of my guilty pleasures is reading/watching the uber rich spend copious amounts of cash on sheer extravagance – the more vulgar the better. During this period of austerity and extreme poverty, my fascination with the super rich is not shared by everyone, overt displays of wealth are deemed by some as tasteless, for me it’s about fuelling a fantasy living that life vicariously.
With the super rich in mind and not forgetting those, like me, living a fantasy life by proxy filled with endless riches I have compiled a round up of seriously lavish holidays:
Where? The Setai, Miami Beach
Blow the Budget with: The Setai $10,000 (£6,503) Dinner
The Setai, set amongst a tropical background on Miami’s South Beach, is a haven for well –heeled travellers. As part of its ongoing 10 year birthday celebrations, the Setai have launched a very special $10,000 dinner, 10 is indeed the magic number as this dinner is held for 10 guests who get to feast on an eight –course tasting and wine pairing menu. The decadent dishes include: Tuna Toro Tartar, Duo of Foie Gras and Maine lobster, White Alba Truffle Ravioli, Kobe Beef and Chocolate Caviar.
For bookings and further information please visit: www.thesetaihotel.com
Where? Palace Hotel, Tokyo
Blow the Budget with: The £33,000 Quintessentially Tokyo Package
Japan is renowned for its gastronomy, culture and arts, the Palace Hotel has put together a fantastic package capturing the essence of Japan over a five –night, six –day stay.
• Full –day bespoke art excursion led by a local expert from the Tokyo bureau of Blouin ARTINFO, the world’s leading art and culture curators
• One on one Foodie Tour. This ranges from sipping sake with the country’s foremost non-Japanese expert on Japan’s favourite fermented brew, to navigating Tsukiji Fish Market with a local chef, sommelier and book author
• Being gifted a single, luminous akoya pearl, made famous by Marilyn Monroe and cultivated in Japan for more than a century
In addition to dining on exquisitely crafted Japanese fare at Wadakura, two 80 minute revitilising Spa treatments at Japan’s only evian Spa – where you can expect Japanese seitai acupressure combined with European style massage. Accommodation is in the hotels’ Palace Suite a sprawling 210-square-meter of contemporary space with its own art collection. The suite also includes striking views of the city’s skyline, Wadakura Fountain Park and Imperial Palace Plaza.
Extra perks include; round-trip airport transfers, daily chauffeured private car service and full Club Lounge access and privileges are also included. Package rate starts at £33,000.
For reservations and further information please visit: en.palacehoteltokyo.com
Where? Viceroy, Anguilla
Blow the Budget with: The £125,000 VICE Package
Described as ‘sinfully, decadent’, this indulgent package can accommodate up to eight guests at one of the Caribbean’s leading, exclusive beach resorts. Enjoyed over five days the lavish VICE package includes:
• Private Air Charter by Tradewind Aviation for eight people from New York, Atlanta, Dallas or Chicago, all served by direct UK flights, to the island
• One five-bedroom 5,300+ sq ft beachfront villa complete with a kitchen, dining room, living room, four marble bathrooms with a deep soaking tub and oversized walk-in shower. The outdoor living area comprises of; a private pool, chaise lounges, spa pool, outdoor grill, cabana and two outdoor showers.
• Private golf cart for use during stay
• Breakfast and lunch served daily with an oceanfront BBQ complete with island specialties such as grilled crayfish and lobster
• One ‘Tempting Treats’ seven course dinner prepared by the Chef in-villa.
• Poolside in-villa Champagne Happy Hour upon arrival
• Daily refreshed Private Bar with premium brand spirits and a private decadent Dessert Bar
• Day yacht charter to the private Sandy Island or round the island regatta racing
The VICE package is from £125,000 for a Five-bedroom Villa staying five nights for up to eight people. It is valid until 31 March 2015.
For bookings and further information please visit: www.viceroyhotelsandresorts.com/en/anguilla